Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Military & Government Computers
With increasing computer network security, personnel using .mil computer networks and computers occasionally encounter Richard G. Trefry Library access problems. The Department of Defense recognizes APUS as a DoD qualified education provider. For more information and help, please contact ClassroomSupport@apus.edu .
Please try these steps to troubleshoot:
- Bring the issue you encountered to the attention of your network administrator, your nearest Education Officer, and request assistance. You can access your AMU/APU classrooms as they are ‘white-listed’. We hope that the AMU/APU Richard G. Trefry Library and its resources will be white-listed similarly as they are an integral part of your education.
- Try a different computer on the same .mil network.
- Try a different computer on a different .mil network
- Use your personal computer and your own ISP
In the meantime, try these alternative search options:
- Contact the librarians for help. We can help you find resources while your technical issues are being resolved. Also, some of our databases offer direct login, which works for some students on .mil and/or overseas networks (librarians can set up account with these databases for you...just ask!).
- Take advantage of the DoD and DHS research portals (linked below). Within the portals there are library resources, including access to ProQuest.
- We are advised by USAWC and USCGA librarians that USCG personnel may access and use the USN portal. USCG and DHS personnel may login to the DHS portal to access DHS provided library resources. USCG personnel may also use the Navy NKO portal to access DoD provided library resources. Note: as APUS librarians cannot access the .mil portals, we cannot advise you on their contents or navigation.