Although graduate students are generally responsible for acquiring their own course materials, APUS strives to minimize such costs. Required course materials may be purchased from the University Bookstore (Akademos/TextbookX), publisher-provided sites or from the bookseller of their choice, such as: www.amazon.com, http://store.vitalsource.com, www.chegg.com, www.bn.com
The reading and resource lists are found at Readings & Resources/eReserves - LibGuides at American Public University System. Make a note of the Effective date of the list so you view the one applicable to your course. Listings with a future effective date may not be complete until 30 days prior to the course start date.
- Search by your course number and check out as a Guest or create an account.
- Non-Grant students will not be able to access the bookstore or place orders using their APUS credentials.
- Currently, the bookstore only offers required textbooks and eBooks that are not available inside the classroom.
Graduate students should contact firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure they are purchasing the correct course materials, since materials may not be finalized until 30 days before the course start date. If students purchase incorrect course materials without contacting email@example.com, they will not be reimbursed by APUS.
A masters-level book grant is provided to active-duty servicemembers, their spouse/dependents, Guard members, and Reservists. This grant provides no-cost eBooks for master’s-level courses. Any hard copy textbooks and VitalSource eBooks that are required in courses will be available for grant recipients to order with a voucher through the University Bookstore. Many required readings are available online and will be provided directly inside the classroom.
Where is the University Bookstore?
If your course uses a hard copy book or VitalSource eBook that is not provided inside the classroom, the bookstore link and an alert will appear in your ecampus when your registration information is sent, approximately 35 days before your course start date. The link can be found under the Courses & Registration section in Academic Plans & Forms.
How it works:
- You will receive an email from the bookstore (also known as Akademos/TextbookX) – this email will contain your voucher code.
- When you log in to the bookstore via the eCampus link, you will see a personalized page of the courses you registered for and only the course materials that are provided as a hard copy book or VitalSource eBook.
- Select your materials and add to the cart, and apply your voucher code at checkout.
- If you elect to purchase a format not covered by APUS (ex. if APUS is providing a VitalSource eBook but you prefer a hard copy), you may have to use a personal credit card for any charges that exceed your voucher amount.
- NOTE - Some course materials can’t be provided by the bookstore. In those cases, you will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com with access information. Please see the information provided here.
- NOTE - Prices from the bookstore may fluctuate without notice. If your voucher is less than the price of your course book/eBook, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a review and we'll be happy to adjust your voucher amount if necessary. A screen shot of your cart showing prices and a total should be included. APUS will cover the hard copy book when an eBook is not available. If you prefer a hard copy when an eBook is provided, you can use the voucher amount towards that format.
- Log in to see a personalized page showing only the courses you're registered for and the corresponding course materials.
- Select from a variety of textbook formats including new, used, eBook, and rental.
- Shop from the peer-to-peer marketplace, where you can save an average of 60% off list price.
- Receive a price match guarantee on new books.
- Choose free delivery options for select orders over $49 (not including Marketplace items).
- Sell your books back on the website (any time, any book, you name the price).